During 2017, the production of agricultural sector in the occupied Crimea fell by 5.7%, according to the statement of the so-called head of Russian Territorial body of Federal Statistics service in Crimea Krymstat Olga Baldina at a press conference on March 7.

“Agricultural production fell by 5.7%. Crop production - a decline of 7.9%, livestock - by 1.8%,” she reported.

At the same time, the total volume of agricultural production in 2017 amounted to 57.5 billion rubles. 67% are comprised by plant growing products, the remaining 33% are livestock.

Earlier, the occupiers stated that Ukraine became the main importer of goods from the temporarily occupied Crimea, providing more than a third of the total export of the peninsula in 2017.