The statement only mentions the trucks undergoing inspection and does not specify whether the goods were brought in via the Kerch Strait or checkpoints in mainland Ukraine.
According to Mejlis Chairman Refat Chubarov, not a single truck has reached Crimea since the blockade was put in place at 12 a.m. on September 20. “No truck has entered Crimea via checkpoints in mainland Ukraine. The blockade is still in place and we are not going to let through any trucks headed for occupied Crimea. The checkpoints mentioned in the Rosselhoznadzor’s statement stand for the ones located at the Kerch ferry crossing,” said Chubarov.
“As many as 400 trucks have been prevented from entering Crimea since the imposition of the blockade. By 12 a.m. September 20, some trucks did manage to reach the customs area in no man’s land and our activists did not interfere with that. However, all truck traffic was brought to a halt after 12 a.m.,” said Lenur Islyamov, Co-Head of the Blockade Coordination Authority.
Prior to the blockade, a total of 3,125 tons of quarantinable products were brought into Crimea from Ukraine, of which 103,3 tons were denied entry for failure to comply with Russia’s quarantine requirements. If one were to do simple arithmetic, it would be clear that what was brought into Crimea last week exceeds only slightly the amount of quarantinable products brought into the peninsula from Ukraine.
The Rosselhoznadzor's statement also mentions 21 tons of Ukrainian tomatoes being refused entry for failure to comply with quarantine requirements.