Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said that the state of emergency in the country was extended by three months and will remain in force until July 20, Turkish Minute reported.
“The state of emergency was introduced on July 20 last year after Turkey experienced an unsuccessful coup attempt on July 15, 2016,” the Turkish edition recalls.
Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that the state of emergency in Turkey will continue until it brings results.
In January, the Turkish Parliament voted to extend a state of emergency, introduced in the country in July 2016 after an unsuccessful attempt of a military coup, for three more months. Then the reason for extending was an attack on a nightclub in Istanbul, committed by an unknown gunman on the New Year's Eve.
The Turkish authorities extend the state of emergency for the third time, introduced in July last year for three months. The first time such a decision was made in October 2016.