The tenth meeting of the Executive Committee of the World Congress of the Crimean Tatars was held in the Ukrainian capital on October 28.
Representatives of the Crimean Tatar diasporas from Turkey, Lithuania, Kyrgyzstan, the United States and Germany gathered in Kyiv to discuss pressing problems and challenges.
Following the discussion on the plan of events timed to the 100th anniversary of the First Qurultay of the Crimean Tatar people, a decision was made, according to which the representatives of Crimean Tatar organizations and platforms from other countries should join the solemn session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, scheduled for December 6.
Furthermore, on December 7-8, the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people and the WCCT will organize a scientific conference, exhibition and other events in the Ukrainian capital. On December 16, a reception and an international conference are scheduled in the Turkish capital of Ankara.
On the results of the discussion, it was suggested to hold events in the temporarily occupied Crimea if possible, and representatives to hold similar events in the countries of the Crimean Tatar diasporas.
Among other decisions taken are:
- Continuation of the work of the member of the Coordinating Council of the WCCT Adas Jakubauskas on negotiations and signing of the necessary agreements with the administration of the Lithuanian city of Trakai with the aim of establishing a monument to the Crimean Tatar military and political figure, the founder of the Crimean Khanate Hacı Geray;
- Increased assistance to families of detained and abducted activists in the occupied Crimea;
- Expansion of cooperation with the World Congress of Ukrainians;
- A recommendation to hold a campaign launched in Moscow and St. Petersburg in support of the Crimean Tatar people Strategy-18 in other countries on the 18th day of each month.
Among other topics of discussion at the tenth meeting of the Executive Committee of the WCCT were:
- Work on the draft amendments and additions to Section X of the Constitution of Ukraine "Crimean Tatar Autonomous Republic";
- Discussion of current political events in the Crimea and the situation with human rights in the peninsula temporarily occupied by Russia.
The meeting was attended by the Chairman of the congress, the Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov, the leader of the Crimean Tatar people Mustafa Dzhemilev, members of the Executive Committee, members of the Audit Commission and representatives of the Crimean Tatar diasporas from Turkey, Lithuania, Poland, Kyrgyzstan, Germany and the USA, in particular, Secretary General of the WCCT Namık Kemal Bayar, Head of the Crimean Tatar Society of Culture and Mutual Assistance in Turkey Mükremin Şahin, Head of the Audit Commission of Kurultay Ali Ozenbash, Head of the Society for Culture and Mutual Assistance to Yemeni Tatars in Istanbul Celal İçten, members of the Coordination Council Adas Yakubauskas (Lithuania), Nedim Useinov (Poland), Nariman Appazov (Kyrgyzstan), Rustem Borloudzha (USA), member of the Coordinating Council of the WCCT from Crimea Zevdet Kurtumerov, members of the Mejlis Gayana Yüksel, Riza Shevkiev, Abmejit Suleymanov, Gulnara Bekirova, Eskender Bariev, Enver Kurtiev, Vice-President of the WCCT Lenur Islyamov, as well as representatives of the youth wing of the WCCT and Crimean Tatar activists.
Reference: The World Congress of Crimean Tatars is a structure that united the Crimean Tatars living in the historical homeland - in the Crimea, and the Crimean Tatar diasporas in various countries of the world (Turkey, Romania, Poland, USA, Canada, Lithuania, Western Europe and Central Asia).
The first three meetings of the Executive Committee took place in Romania and Ukraine (in Kyiv and Chongar settlement of the Kherson region), the fourth in Vilnius (Lithuania), the fifth session of the Executive Committee of the WCCT was held in the Turkish city of Eskishehir, from the sixth to the ninth sessions were held in Kyiv.