The so-called "Crimean police" continue to interrogate the participants of single pickets against reprisals by Russian security forces against the Crimean Tatars that took place on October 14, according to the video message of Tuvgan Dost on Facebook.

Following the pickets, Crimean Tatars in the Belogorsky district received the summons from the Interior Ministry.

One of the participants shared how the interrogation was conducted.

He said that the police officer did not even introduce himself before starting the interrogation.

“October 18, law enforcement officers came to the place of my registration at my parents’ home, and brought a summons for me to come on the 19 at 9 o'clock in the morning to the police department in order to testify in the case on October 14 (single pickets). The summons was drawn incorrectly - it was drawn not on my last name. My name, patronymic, and also in the place of residence, contained at least three mistakes as well. The officer who conducted the interrogation did not introduce himself. The first thing that stroke me, was that they did not read me my rights, or Article 51,” the participant noted.

He went on saying that he was asked not only why he went to the picket, but also how long he stood there and if he knew other participants.

“After I asked why I was summoned, as I did not violate any clause in the legislation of the Russian Federation, I was told that it was suspicious that so many people went to single pickets at the same time. I was told that this was suspicious and they were trying to find out the reasons," the activist said.

Earlier, QHA reported that  "police" in the occupied Crimea began to summon activists for interrogations in connection with pickets of October 14 against reprisals by Russian security forces against the Crimean Tatars.

Previously, on October 14 in Crimea, a minimum of 34 people were detained for taking part in single pickets. More than 100 people participated in the protests in the occupied peninsula.

All the arrests were carried out with violation of even the current Russian legislation.

Police was massively detaining activists who went on single pickets, protesting against the arbitrariness of Russian security forces against the Crimean Tatars. 

People came out with pickets throughout the Crimea. Pickets were held in Simferopol, Dzhankoy, Gvardeysk, Belogorsk and other cities of the occupied peninsula. 

On October 11, occupants were massively conducting searches and detentions in the homes of Crimean Tatars in Bakhchysarai from the early morning.

Later, the Kremlin-controlled Simferopol court has chosen a measure of restraint for all six Crimean Tatars, who were searched on October 11. The activists were arrested for two months.

The lawyer of one of the detainees said that the arrests of the Crimean Tatars were caused by the fact that the latter refused to recognize the new order in the Crimea and the annexation of the peninsula by Russia.