In the Kremlin-controlled Simferopol court, two witnesses of the prosecution spoke at the court session on the case against journalist Nikolai Semena on May 10, "Crimea. Reality" publication reported.
The first witness, a specialist in the medical insurance fund, who was attracted as a witness to the review of the materials of the accused journalist, said that the protocol of her interrogation, which she had to sign, contained technical expressions that she did not use. Thus, this protocol was falsified by the investigation.
The second witness, a Crimean journalist loyal to the Russian occupation, told the court about the allegedly "tendentious" nature of Semena's articles. In the "court" he claimed that "a direct appeal to blockade the peninsula," which the pro-Russian journalist saw in the texts of his accused colleague, "could inflict enormous harm on millions of Crimean residents."
Previously, April 19, 2016, the former Kremlin-appointed "Prosecutor" of the Crimea Natalia Poklonskaya filed a criminal case on charges of separatism against journalist Nikolai Semena for his published articles.
April 28, after interrogations and searches, Semena was transferred to the status of a suspect. The journalist denies the accusations of the occupation authorities.
December 7, Nikolay Semena was charged in the final version of six volumes.
January 20, 2017, employees of the invaders-controlled law enforcement agencies in Simferopol handed a bill of indictment to journalist Nikolai Semena. He faces up to five years in prison for "calls for separatism" in the Russian Federation.