November 4 -5, the sixth meeting of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars Executive Committee was held in the Ukrainian capital. Within two days, members of the executive committee and social activists had an opportunity to discuss the situation of the Crimean Tatars in the occupied Crimea, Ukraine and in the world. The Executive Committee of the World Congress of the Crimean Tatars has issued the final decisions in the outcome of the sixth session:
1. Society for Solidarity and culture of the Crimean Tatars in Ankara will open a private bank account for the transfer of annual fee for the period from 01.08.2015 to 01.08.2016.
2. Organizations of the Crimean Tatar diasporas will conduct work to be recognized by the governments of the states where they operate, as well as to recognize the Deportation of the Crimean Tatars in 1944 an act of genocide, which the Kurultai of the Crimean Tatar people and the Parliament of Ukraine has already declared. On behalf of the Congress, Ali Ozenbash will prepare a letter of appeal, which the General Secretariat will later forward to the foreign governments. After sending the appeals, Crimean Tatar diaspora organizations will watch the development process.
3. In accordance with the list of sanctions adopted by the Government of Ukraine to determine the persons and entities engaged into cooperation with the occupiers after the Russian annexation of Crimea, Yusuf Kurkchi will prepare a report for the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people and the Congress delegation. After reviewing, the list of sanctions to be adopted.
4. In order to coordinate the relevant issues with the youth of the Congress the Youth Committee of the WCCT was created, which includes Metin Omer, Nedim Useinov, Ali Emrullaev, Fethi Kurtiy Şahin, Alper Yavusezer, Aishe Memetova, Alime Karimova, Tamil Tashev, Alim Aliyev, Sevgil Musayeva-Borovik, Seit-Bekir Suleymanov and Aishe Umerova.
5. Apart from appeals to the UN, the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the Organization for security and cooperation in Europe, to launch a symbolic campaign to collect signatures for the period of February 1, 2016 to May 24, 2017- the date of the disappearance of a member of the Coordinating Council WCCT Ervin Ibragimov - in order to ensure the relevance of the issue concerning Crimean Tatar detainees, the killed and abducted fellow citizens on the global agenda, to inform the public of the fact that the Russian occupation is a source of human rights violations, and to liberate Crimea. Responsibility for the launch of the action, its promotion and other activities within its framework rests with the working group, which consists of Gayana Yuksel, Tamil Tashev, Fethi Sahin Kurt and Namık Kemal Bayar.
6. The Lithuanian Union of Crimean Tatars, the General Center of the Turkish Society of culture and solidarity of the Crimean Tatars and the Democratic Union of Romania Tatars and Turkish-Muslims will take up the issue of establishing a monument to Khan Haji Geray in the Lithuanian town of Trakai;
7. Refat Chubarov, Riza Shevkievym and Lenur Islyamov will prepare an appeal on compliance with the sanctions, which began after the occupation of Crimea to all the states, especially those who did not join the sanctions. Prepared appeal will be sent by the General Secretariat.
Reference. The World Congress of the Crimean Tatars is the body, bringing together the Crimean Tatars living in their historic homeland, in Crimea, and in the Diasporas (Turkey, Romania, Poland, USA, Canada, Lithuania, Western Europe and Central Asia).
The first session of the World Congress of the Crimean Tatars attended by 420 delegates from 13 countries was held in Simferopol/Aqmescite on May 9, 2009. Refat Chubarov was then elected Chairman of the meeting.
The second meeting, which was attended by 180 members of the Crimean Tatar public organizations from 12 countries, as well as authorized representatives of government circles, public organizations and the media, was held in Ankara on August 1-2, 2015. The meeting then adopted the decision to establish the international public organization the "World Congress of the Crimean Tatars" in order to achieve international support for the national self-government bodies of the Crimean Tatar people. The meeting re-elected Refat Chubarov as the Chairman of the WCCT as well as the members of the Executive Committee of the Congress, which included 21 representatives and members of the Audit Commission.
Three meetings of the Executive Committee were held in Romania and Ukraine (in Kyiv and in the village of Chongar, Kherson region), the fourth session was held in Vilnius (Lithuania) on April 11-13, 2016, and the fifth meeting of the WCCT Executive Committee took place in the Turkish city of Eskisehir on July 29 - 31, 2016.