January 28, the seventh meeting of the World Congress of the Crimean Tatars Executive Committee was held in the Ukrainian capital with the participation of the Congress Chairman Refat Chubarov, the members of the Congress Executive Committee, the Congress Audit Commission and the Representatives of the Crimean Tatar diasporas in Turkey, Romania, Poland, Lithuania and Kyrgyzstan. The meeting was also attended by activists of the Crimean Tatar Youth Committee at WCCT.
As a result of a fruitful nine-hour discussion of the current situation of the Crimean Tatar people in the illegally occupied territory of the Crimea, along with other topical issues, the WCCT Executive Committee made the following decisions:
1. Draft a letter to the new United States administration on the problems of Crimea and the Crimean Tatar people. After making all the amendments and final approval, the WCCT Secretary General will send the letter to the addressee.
2. Responsibility for the development of an action plan on the issue of Public Diplomacy Strategy for the Crimean Tatars to be placed on Eskender Bariev, Gayana Yuksel, Emine Djaparova and Namık Kemal Bayar.
3. Carry out drafting work to bring the statute of the Congress in line with the Ukrainian legislation within the framework of the authority delegated by WCCT executive committee. Complete the Congress registration process following the editorial work.
4. Convey the WCCT statement to the public regarding the detention and arrest of the Crimean Tatar Seyran Saliev and lawyers Emil Kurbedinov and Nikolai Polozov.
5. Hold various international activities in connection with the 620-th anniversary of Crimean Tatars taking up residence in Lithuania, under the responsibility of the executive committee members Adas Jakubauskas, Esma Adjieva and Gulnara Bekirova. It was also decided to make a contribution in the amount of one thousand Euro for a monument to the hundredth anniversary of Lithuania's independence.
6. Establish a national working group and hold various activities in connection with the hundredth anniversary of the first Kurultay of the Crimean Tatar people.
Reference. The World Congress of the Crimean Tatars is the body, bringing together the Crimean Tatars living in their historic homeland, in Crimea, and in the Diasporas (Turkey, Romania, Poland, USA, Canada, Lithuania, Western Europe and Central Asia).
The first session of the World Congress of the Crimean Tatars attended by 420 delegates from 13 countries was held in Simferopol/Aqmescite on May 9, 2009. Refat Chubarov was then elected Chairman of the meeting.
The second meeting, which was attended by 180 members of the Crimean Tatar public organizations from 12 countries, as well as authorized representatives of government circles, public organizations and the media, was held in Ankara on August 1-2, 2015. The meeting then adopted the decision to establish the international public organization the "World Congress of the Crimean Tatars" in order to achieve international support for the national self-government bodies of the Crimean Tatar people. The meeting re-elected Refat Chubarov as the Chairman of the WCCT as well as the members of the Executive Committee of the Congress, which included 21 representatives and members of the Audit Commission.
Three meetings of the Executive Committee were held in Romania and Ukraine (in Kyiv and in the village of Chongar, Kherson region), the fourth session was held in Vilnius (Lithuania) on April 11-13, 2016, and the fifth meeting of the WCCT Executive Committee took place in the Turkish city of Eskisehir on July 29 - 31, 2016.