A Russian lawyer Nikolai Polozov who leads an independent investigation of the death fact of the Crimean Tatar national movement veteran Vedzhie Kashka, has evidence confirming the woman's violent death during her detention in November 2017. Nikolai Polozov reported this to QHA in comments.

According to the lawyer, the elderly Crimean Tatar woman died after being hit by an automatic rifle stock.

“There are facts on Vedzhie Kashka case confirming that security forces used brute physical force, hitting the woman by an automatic rifle stock, and after 20 minutes she died. I can not say more details yet as it may entail a counteraction of Russian authorities. My investigation is not yet completed, but my evidences can confirm this fact.”

At the same time, according to Polozov, from the legal point of view, it can not yet be asserted that Vedzhie Kashka died exactly because of a hit by an automatic rifle stock.

“A causal link should be established by Russian experts in the framework of the Russian investigation. But such a link was not established. However, for my part, I collect evidence for an alternative forensic medical examination, which should establish this link.”

Earlier, Nikolai Polozov informed that the occupation authorities of Crimea deny him to access to video materials on Vedzhie Kashka case, including an operational footage of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), which have been recorded the detention process of Crimean Tatar activists Asan Chapukh and Bekir Degermendzhy, as well as a video from an autopsy of the dead Crimean Tatar activist’s body.

Reference, on November 23, 2017, Vedzhie Kashka, together with Crimean Tatar activists Bekir Degermendzhi, Asan Chapukh and Kazim Ametov was in one of the cafes of Simferopol.

The activists came to help in solving the woman’s financial problems. However, The Russian FSB broke into a cafe and disrupted a meeting. Under the scenario of Russian special services, they supposedly should have arrested these Crimean Tatars for extortion.

During searches and detention, 83-year-old Kashka felt unwell and was hospitalized, however, she died in the hospital. The Russian occupation authorities explained her death as a "stress" she experienced, but did not recognize that the stress was due to ill-treatment on their part.